Richard,

Richard M. Stallman wrote:
    > It is vital to make sure the testing is done in such a way that there
    > is no chance of installing non-free Java libraries to confuse the test.

To add to that, what good is it if JavaMail runs on a free Java platform if JavaMail itself is propietary?

I hope OpenOffice.org's developers will adopt a policy rejecting
dependence on non-free software at either level.

What I don't know is how to present this proposal to the people who
might actually make a decision.  This mailing list was suggested as
the place to do so, but I don't see a sign that those people are
reading it.  What should I do, so that this question will be
considered?
This list is indeed the right one, to discuss Java related issues! Everybody committing Java based source code should certainly be subscribed.

Kay