Hello,

Finally took some time to review the JEP 305, thanks a lot again Jesse for
that big step forward, here's some feedback:

* About using Maven CI Friendly Versions
<https://maven.apache.org/maven-ci-friendly.html>:

I guess we should then add also *RequireMavenVersion* 3.5+ shouldn't we?

* I love the part https://github.com/jenkinsci/jep/blob/master/jep/305/RE
ADME.adoc#usage-from-the-update-center and the idea that we do GitOps and
get better traceability/revertability ("Emergency rollbacks are as simple
as git revert." indeed). This is easily controllable manually, and can be
automated/supported via additional tooling progressively.

* About https://github.com/jenkinsci/jep/blob/master/jep/
305/README.adoc#other-version-schemes

I agree with the global reasoning, small concern about "borked releases".
When one is using MRP, a burned release is /just/ running MRP again.
If a given commit does map to a given release naming with JEP-305, then if
something goes wrong during "mvn deploy", like say a failure in the middle
of the physical upload, then I cannot (rightly) retry to override that
borked binary.

In that case, do I have to create some kind of fake commit to retry, or
even *git commit -m "fake commit to retry release deploy" --allow-empty* ?