I fully have no clue what you just said.

"You might, but you won't have git commands executed to scan multibranch
pipelines, since those are executed on the master."

Can you translate this to English?   Are you saying git won't run on the
slave AT ALL?  If not, how will it get the source code to compile?

"I assume that adjusting the environment of the agent is simpler and faster
to test than adjusting the environment of the agent."

I assume you mean something else, because you just pretty much said that
you assume apples are different from apples?

"Running the master on Linux (or Windows) allows you to use the same JDK
that is used by many Jenkins users.  That will reduce the amount of code
that might detect problems in the IBM JDK on AIX.  It was a preventive
suggestion for future problems, with some distant hope that it might also
assist with this specific issue."

I am running the same JDK (at least major/minor version) on all my Jenkins
environments.  JDK 1.8. Including this AIX one. So...