On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 2:28 PM Rich Stephens <richs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It was a bit of a joke.  I’m sorry if it offended you.
> It didn’t seem to offend anyone actually involved in the conversation, but
> thanks for the tip.

That was the point where I decided to stop responding to the thread.  You
seemed determined to proceed on the path that you had chosen.  That's your
right, since it is your time that you're investing in your exploration.

I am very interested to hear more about your experiences with Jenkins
masters on AIX.  While the JDK on AIX is JDK 1.8, I believe it is using the
IBM J9 virtual machine rather than the virtual machine provided by
OpenJDK.  I expect many interesting discoveries await you in that
exploration.  I'm aware of Jenkins agents on AIX and Jenkins agents on s390
mainframes (likely all running the IBM J9 virtual machine), but am not
aware of any other users running a Jenkins master on AIX.

If you're interested in the history of the J9 virtual machine, refer to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenJ9.  If you'd like to run a J9 virtual
machine on commodity hardware, refer to https://adoptopenjdk.net/ where you
can download an OpenJ9 based JDK.

If you'd like to join the Jenkins platform Special Interest Group, refer to
https://jenkins.io/sigs/platform/ .  We'd love to have your help as we work
with various platforms and explore various platforms.

Thanks!
Mark Waite

Thanks!
Mark Waite