From: "Dwayne Savaya" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Gods Work Ministry Inspirational and Encouragement E-Mail

Dear Friend,

We should always be quick to remember that God loves us unconditionally and
without motive.  His love is pure and is offered to all who will simply
receive it.  The Bible says that while we were yet sinners Christ died for
us.  The Lord Jesus Christ took upon Himself our sins and died in our stead
so that we may live eternally through His sacrificial death.  Such love
cannot be comprehended with our finite minds, yet thankfully exists to all
who will humble themselves and receive God's free gift of forgiveness and
salvation.  Be encouraged to call upon the Lord thanking Him for all that
He has done for you. (Jeremiah 31:3) (Romans 5:8-11) (John 3:16-17)

I hope today's message challenges your heart to be thankful for the gift of
salvation that was bought on the cross of Calvary by the sacrifice of the
Lord Jesus Christ.  He died for us so that we might live for Him.

NADYNNE'S GIFT

I have, to my great joy, a new bike. It's not really new, it's actually an
old Schwinn. It belonged to my friend and neighbor, Nadynne, until, in a
great act of generosity, she gave it to me. I had spied the bicycle behind
her house one afternoon while the kids and I were out exploring the alley
and I instantly fell in love with it. Maybe it was because it kind of
reminded me in a way of my big sister's bike when we were kids and those happier, simpler times. Or, maybe it represented freedom, a rare commodity to a mother of four.

I had been longing for a bicycle for a long time. And while the kids had
had various 10 speeds throughout the years, what I really wanted was an old
style girl's bike with regular handlebars and a regular seat. And there,
before my eyes, was my dream bike. It even had a wire basket on the front
and, best of all, it was green, my favorite color. And now it was mine.

First, I was struck by how well the Lord knows our hearts. I don't recall
ever having prayed for a bicycle but somehow He seemed to know about it
anyway. I thought of those verses in the Bible about how exceedingly
abundant He answers our prayers and about how wide and how high and how
deep His love is for us. As these thoughts passed through my mind I was
suddenly humbled by what it was that Nadynne had given up to give me this
precious gift because I knew what the bike had meant to her.

She had told me how she had come to have the bike and the enjoyment it had
given her. She had shared how she longed to ride it again but how her
husband, George, was afraid with her history of dislocated hips, that she
might injure herself. And so, she had told me after inviting me to lunch
one day that George had said the bike was mine. But I couldn't accept it.
I couldn't make myself go into her yard and take her bike, knowing how much
she loved it, and roll it away into mine. It was too much like taking it away from her.

So that is how I found myself opening the door one beautiful, sunny
Saturday morning to Nadynne and her equally sunny disposition. I don't know
how I didn't notice the bike parked at the bottom of the steps.  After some
chit chat she pointed out that she had brought her bike to me.

All I needed to do was accept which I did with my heart breaking at the
same time. Her generosity overwhelmed me and with tears I tried to tell
her how grateful I was. I told her she couldn't know what that bike meant to me.

She responded, in her understated way, and was glad to know that her bike
would be well taken care of.

Afterwards, as I was praying, thanking God for Nadynne and her generosity
and His mysterious ways, it was as though He spoke to my heart that what
Nadynne had done with the bike was much like what He had done for me through His Son Jesus. For He had seen my need and had given me a gift that had cost Him dearly.

Like Nadynne's, the gift was all the more precious because of what it had
cost the Giver. It was something that could only come from Him, something
someone else couldn't give to me. And, like Nadynne's, it was free, given
out of love and I only needed to humble myself and accept it. It was simple
and beautiful and it would give me glorious freedom.

While it means so much to me, my new bike is nothing fancy. It doesn't have
all kinds of gizmos and gadgets but I like it that way. It's perfect in its
simplicity. It only has one speed, the only one I need to get me where I want to go.

Really, my bike only needs 3 things. The first is new tubes so I can take
it out and try it. Second, the reflector on the back needs to be replaced.
Last, I think I'd like to get one of those little bells, the kind that goes
"ching-ching", so I can ring it just for the joy of it. I hope when Nadynne
hears it, it will make her smile and be glad that her gift is bringing me such happiness.

You know, when you think about it, that's what we need to do with God's
gift, too. We need to take it out where it can be seen. We need to reflect
that gift towards others and, just maybe, we need to ring out just for the
Joy of what He has done for us and for the freedom we have in Him.

By Sherry Kaiser

Read and meditate on these scriptures:

John 3:16-17 Jesus declares "For God so loved the world, that He gave His
only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but
have everlasting life.  For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn
the world; but that the world through Him might be saved."

Romans 13:8-10 "Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that
loveth another hath fulfilled the law.  For this, Thou shalt not commit
adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear
false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment,
it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law."

1 John 4:7-11 "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and
every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.  He that loveth not
knoweth not God; for God is love.  In this was manifested the love of God
toward us, because that God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that
we might live through Him.  Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that
He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved,
if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another."

All of these scriptures can be found in the King James Version Bible.

From: "Dwayne Savaya" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Gods Work Ministry Inspirational and Encouragement E-Mail

Dear Friend,

In this life we have much to be thankful for, but we sometimes lose focus
of our blessings and look more on the temporary trials that come before us.
We must be diligent with our actions of praise and thanksgiving and not
allow the enemy to infiltrate our mind causing us to murmur and complain
about the trials of life.  If we look at those less fortunate than we are,
we will quickly see our many blessings that were otherwise forgotten.

We are on this earth to love God and love others as we love ourselves and
be an example of Christ's love towards those around us.  Be encouraged to
see your many blessings and make an effort to be helping towards those less
fortunate than you.  In helping others, you will benefit more than the
recipient. (John 13:34-35) (Galatians 6:1-2) (1 John 4:10-13) (Acts 20:35)

I hope today's message ministers to your heart to help those less fortunate
than you are because in doing so you will be made better by helping others get better.

MY GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY

Back in my younger years, when I was an 8th grader in Junior High School
(what they now call Middle School), I got the opportunity of a life
time...although at 14 years of age you often don't realize things like that at the time.

One day one of the teachers came around to all of our Study Halls (that's
where you went to do your homework so you didn't have to do it at home),
and asked if any of us students would be interested in donating some of
those Study Halls to doing something helpful.

Being thoroughly bored with Study Halls and preferring to do my homework
at home in the privacy on my Dining Room with the doors closed, I of course
volunteered, and to this day am glad that I did!

From this point on, during one of my Study Halls on Monday, Wednesday and
Friday, I would join the Home Economics teacher in working with the
mentally challenged (back then called the "slow class"), with teaching them
some aspect of how to prepare their dinner.

Some students would work with these kids by taking them food shopping (in
a classroom setting of course), and others would work with them on how to
budget and know how much money they would need to pay for their groceries,
and still others, like myself, would actually teach them how to prepare simple meals.

Now many others in the school would laugh at these mentally challenged
students, but if they could have spent one meaningful class with them,
they would have seen so much more and learned a lot themselves...I know I surely did!

The joy these students took in the simplest of accomplishments would bring
tears to your eyes. They seemed so grateful for any kind of help you would
give them, and because you were helping them...they were your friends for life!

Well, the three Study Halls a week sped by so quickly and were the
highlight of my days there at Bennet Junior High School, and finally it
was June...and yes, back then we went to school until the end of June usually.

Darn those snow days!! Snow days were the days you had to miss school
because it snowed and then had to make them up at the end of the school year.

So, one day, close to the end of the school year in June, I was called from
one of my classes, right before lunch time and was given the surprise of my life.

Barbara, a pretty blonde haired girl from the "slow class", came and got me
and took me by the hand, which did cause many stares by the other students,
but the heck with them anyway. Barbara led me to the Home Economics class
where I had been helping to teach the students how to cook.

As we approached the class, I could smell the aroma of food and I knew they
were up to something. When the door opened up, there in a neat organized
fashion were 12 desks all shoved together to form a large dinner table. In
front of each chair was a setting of a dinner plate, silverware and a glass
and a napkin...all compliments of Barbara, as this was her offering to the
banquet I was about to enjoy!

Dinner consisted of some Pillsbury dinner rolls and butter, spaghetti and
meat sauce, and Hi-C fruit drink. I was in total awe of what these
wonderful kids did, all to show me what they had learned and to thank me
for helping them along.

This was a learning experience for all of us, but I think I was the
luckiest of all, for I had the "golden opportunity" to see that each and
every one of us here on this earth was a caring and contributing human
being, and while some of us may have more intelligence than others
...others may have more patience, and more appreciation of the simpler things in life.

To this day, I have never forgotten that wonderful experience and am
thankful that I was able to participate in the program which led me to
later on continue to do work with mentally challenged adults on into my adulthood.

Remember, life is what you make of it, as my Mother use to say, and you can
complain about life and think that it's not fair, or you can see things as
they really are and appreciate the simple things...and for that, you will
be a whole lot happier my friend...

Author Unknown

Read and meditate on these scriptures:

Hebrews 10:22-24 "Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of
faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies
washed with pure water.  Let us hold fast the profession of our faith
without wavering; (for He is faithful that promised;) And let us consider
one another to provoke unto love and to good works."

1 Peter 2:9-10 "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy
nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of Him who
hath called you out of darkness into His marvellous light: Which in time
past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not
obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy."

2 Corinthians 4:6-10 "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of
darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of
the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.  But we have this treasure
in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and
not of us.  We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are
perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down,
but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord
Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body."

Revelation 22:12-14 Jesus declares "And, behold, I come quickly; and my
reward is with Me, to give every man according as his work shall be.  I am
Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed
are they that do His commandments, that they may have right to the tree of
life, and may enter in through the gates into the city."

All of these scriptures can be found in the King James Version Bible.

Today's Selected Poem:  BRIGHTEN YOUR CORNER
Click here to read ---
http://www.Godswork.org/inpoem71.htm

Today's Selected Testimony:  ALBERT ODUYEMI'S TESTIMONY
Click here to read ---
http://www.Godswork.org/testimony137.htm

In Christ's Service,
Dwayne Savaya
Gods Work Ministry

Please feel free to visit the Website to read more Encouraging and
Inspirational stories, poems and testimonies.  Our E-mail Archives are
available as well to read the messages that have been sent in the past.

You can now hear our stories and poems by ordering Voice Messages.  Each
volume contains 15 messages that can be heard and enjoyed anywhere a CD
player is available.  To order your copy, please click on this link:
http://www.Godswork.org/voicemessages.htm

You can also send Free E-cards to friends and loved ones with the many
choices available. You are also welcome to post your prayer requests in our
Prayer Forum.  All this and more available at ---
http://www.Godswork.org

You can also send prayer requests to --- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Add your E-mail address if you'd like correspondence with the prayer partners.