The symptom you see is caused by the BadURLDaemon: if Jetspeed cannot access
a RSS URL it marks down this URL as unavailable and you get this error
message.

To fix this:
- you can log in as admin in Jetspeed, go to the admin pane -> Bad URL
Manager,
and uncheck the URL you know should work.
- alternatively, disable the BadURLDaemon in the
JetspeedResources.properties (I think
  it's disabled by default)
- you can also edit manually the Bad URL properties by removing entries from

  /WEB-INF/conf/datasources.properties