Hi FOLKS,

Now , as suggested in the URL below,
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/security.html#Extending%20Jetspeed%2

Often you may need to extend the Jetspeed User to support extra columns for
your own database implementation. Here are the steps to do so:
  a.. 1. Modify build/torque/security_schema.xml, adding the new columns to
the Torque XML schema.
  b.. 2. Modify build/torque/build.properties to generate DDL for your
particular database (database=)
  c.. 3. Rebuild Jetspeed to auto-generate the DDL script for your db, and
generate the OM objects The OM objects are generated to the
org/apache/jetspeed/om/security/turbine package. The destination package is
configurable in build/torque/build.properties. The DDL script is written to
src/sql/security-schema.sql.
  d.. 4. Extend JetspeedUser to, for ex, MyUser, and cast to it whenever you
need to access your new columns .
HERE , I COULD DO steps 1, 2, and 3.

In the step 4, My class implements JetspeedUser .
Now, what next ?? I didnot understand the line

"*cast to it whenever you need to access your new columns *"

Can anyone please tell me, what should I supposed to do and
How can I cast to it ?? If you can show me a sample, It will be very
helpful.

Thank you and regards
Elena