Hi,

I have configured proxy host and port in the CATALINA_OPTS variable and
deselected
the "bad marked" urls to run the RSS portlet. But it does'not work. I am
still getting the same exception saying

"org.apache.jetspeed.portal.PortletException: The following URL is not
available because it is considered invalid:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/syndication/feeds/news/ukfs_news/front_page/rss091.xml
-> java.io.IOException
     at
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.portlets.NewRSSPortlet.init(NewRSSPortlet.java:150)
     at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.portletfactory.JetspeedPortletFactoryService.getPortlet(JetspeedPortletFactoryService.java:305)"

Below is the CATALINA_OPTS variable that I have set in
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.bat file.

set CATALINA_OPTS=%CATALINA_OPTS% -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false
set CATALINA_OPTS=%CATALINA_OPTS% -Dhttp.proxySet=true
set CATALINA_OPTS=%CATALINA_OPTS% -Dhttp.proxyHost=<<proxy host IP
address>>
set CATALINA_OPTS=%CATALINA_OPTS% -Dhttp.proxyPort=<<proxy host Port>>

Could anybody provide a solution for this problem, please???

Best Regards,
Sai Krishna K.V.
Ph: +91 40 55387500 (Ext: 817)

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the
intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you
are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination,
copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment
other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in