Gerry Reno a ecrit :

>   The spec is dictating a server-side UI

This is, I think, the exact kind of mail that will make jetspeed dev not
read any one single more mail from you. At least that's what I would do.

I'm sorry, but devs and specs have taken time, you just come by there and
say "Hey guys, jetspeed su*, portlet api su*, listen to me".

There are many ways to change the current jetspeed (1.4-cvs) to be able to
do what you'd like (user side actions for portlets) and still keep the old
way that many users want (changing the rendering while maximized is simply
great, sorry). It requires time too, you could be the one to make the
changes necessary (yes, that's where open-source begins) and then provide a
patch.
Currently the control actions is a little too hard-coded in jetspeed, but
things change you know. The only thing you have to provide to get your patch
applied is :
1. Interest of the patch
2. Backward Compatiblity (I don't want to see my work lost because someone
jsut decided to change the behavior of maximize, minimize... and I'm not
alone in this case)

Devs are watching for good ideas, patchs, whatever, when time allows it. But
just don't come and yell, you won't be listen to.

Aurelien