On Tuesday 25 March 2003 15:51, Nicholas J Kreucher wrote:
> Got this the other day and had to power cycle the machine as it
> wouldn't shutdown properly after JFS kieled over.

After rebooting did fsck fix it up, and if so, did you lose anything
(look in lost+found)?  The number of DT_GETPAGE warnings indicate that
there was quite a bit of corruption in the volume (at least in a
directory).

> Machine is an xSeries 340, SMP, running Red Hat 7.3. Kernel is
> 2.4.18-26.7.xsmp. JFS is laid across an externally attached scsi jbod
> configured as raid5 via md.
>
> Concerned that RH7.3's included JFS is unstable... thinking about
> switching to ext3 for the jbod. Thoughts? Will probably upgrade to
> Red Hat 9 within a month.

I'm not sure how up to date the JFS code is in 2.4.18-26.7.xsmp.  I'll
try to find out by tomorrow if there are any known problems that may
have been fixed.

Thanks,
Shaggy
--