I should've signed up for this list ages ago... :-)

I've amassed quite a collection of stuff in my JFS volume's lost+found directory over the years, all flagged system and hidden. Assuming that I'm not really missing anything of value from the live data on the drive, is everything in there safe to delete? Is there a reason for the attributes being set as system & hidden, e.g., in preparation for a utility to help sort out and/or read through the entries?

BTW: Warp 4.5 CP2, latest fixes except JFS - discovered some crashes while Backup Exec 9 for NetWare was pulling data off the volume for backup; rolled back to JFS.IFS 11/15/2000.

TIA

--
Lewis
Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA