On Monday 31 March 2003 08:10, Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
> Hmmm... I noticed some posts here concerning OS/2, so my assumption
> (I know, I know :-) ) was that this was for JFS on all platforms.
> Does JFS on Linux handle the lost+found directory contents much
> differently than on OS/2, Dave?

No.  When fsck (chkdsk on OS/2) finds valid files or directories that
don't appear to be in any directory, it places them in /lost+found.
Often you can look at the contents of the file or directory and figure
out where it came from.  Things usually end up here if a directory gets
damages beyond repair.  The contents of the directory will no longer
have a "home" and fsck will put them in /lost+found.

I'm not sure about OS/2 setting the system and hidden attributes in
OS/2, but otherwise, it's the same behavior.
--
David Kleikamp
IBM Linux Technology Center