On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 10:53, Alessandro Salvatori wrote:
> i'm about around 387000...
> i did never tune my jfs filesystems, so what should i suppose the inode size to be?
> 4k? 9GB/4k=2250000... :D i'm about at 17% of the whole work...
Inode size is fixed at 512 bytes, but they are dynamically allocated, so
it's not really tied to the volume size.  However, they are somewhat
sparsely populated.  They are allocated as part of an IAG (Inode
Aggregate Group), which defines a chunk of 4096 inodes.  New IAGs may be
allocated while others still contain unallocated inodes.  So the inode
numbers will grow higher than the number of inodes actually allocated.
--
David Kleikamp
IBM Linux Technology Center