On 12/04/2015 15:49, Michael Hall wrote:
I’m not sure how much you want to hear about things not quite right on this yet
but I thought this one might be worth mention.
For the OS X early access of Java 9 the jdeps command doesn’t appear to be
there.

java -version
java version "1.9.0-ea"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.9.0-ea-b57)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.9.0-ea-b57, mixed mode)

which jdeps
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_40.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/jdeps

Michael Hall
Can you look in dirname `which java` to see if it's a JRE or JDK install? The contents of the bin directory is one indication, alternatively the contents of the "release" file in the top-level directory of the install.

-Alan