On Apr 13, 2015, at 2:32 AM, Alan Bateman <alan.bate...@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 12/04/2015 17:57, Michael Hall wrote:
>> :
>>
>> Not exactly sure what you mean.
>> But,
>>
>> which java
>> /usr/bin/java

> I think the issue is that the installation creates sym links in /usr/bin for
> most, but not all, of the tools/launchers. So if you have
> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands or
> /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_20.jdk/Contents/Home/bin on your
> PATH, say after /usr/bin, then it would explain what you are seeing.

This seems to be correct. Although for some reason right now it appears to be
the 1.8.0_40 release in PATH and this is what 'which jdeps' returns. (usr/bin
in path prior to this).
So is the jdeps case to be considered not an error? Just something to be aware
of if you use an early access?
Or is it something that should be corrected? It seems like you are supporting
two different ways to accomplish the same thing, /usr/bin sym links or PATH
updates. Doesn’t this make things a little more difficult to keep track of?

Michael Hall