>> Steve Jobs at the  WWDC:
>>
>> "Jobs also confirmed that iPhone won't support Java. "[It's] not worth
>> building in," he said. "Nobody uses Java anymore. It's this big
>> heavyweight ball and chain."
>
> Mmmm... interesting thought by Sun. Dump Java into the opensource,
> continue yourself with your new parallel program language fortress.

Ummm... stupid me. SJ is not Sun, but Apple :(

Anyway, getting back on Fortress... it's an interesting language where
everything is done in parallel by default... on the other hand, Java does
not so good in parallelism, I understood... one issue, I was told, that on
central stack is used, and writing blocks the stack for the other
threads...

Anyone around with experience on this?

Egon