On 1 Nov 2007 at 13:47, Yoshiko Miwa wrote:
> I'd like to translate the book into Japanese.

This is excellent news, Yoshiko!

As soon as I have the English version ready, I will contact you off-list to
arrange for this.

> excellent software, I think. But at present, the science teachers in
> Japan are difficult to use Jmol because of the language barrier.

Do you think it would be useful to have Jmol interface in Japanese too?
There is a mechanism for adding languages to the interface, and the
translation --although quite substantial now-- is easy to do (not sure how the
asian languages will be supported, though; Nico and Daniel are the experts
on localization).
Think about it while I finish the book.

> Now, there is no good introductory book about Jmol in Japan.

Is there any in any other language? :-)
We benefit from having excellent programmers in Jmol team, but I thought
there is an empty space there, that's why I decided to write this book.

Regards