Hmm. This could be a mix of signed applet versions. Try using

jmolInitialize(".","JmolAppletSigned.jar")

so that it is definitely picking up just the one JAR file.

I'll try

jmolInitialize(".","JmolAppletSigned0.jar")

and see if I forgot to include something in one of the Jar files. Could be
-- those were reorganized recently.

Bob

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Rolf Huehne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Robert Hanson wrote:
> > Final testing appreciated for Jmol 11.6. Anything you can do to try to
> break
> > it would be great.
> >
> > One bug I know about seems to be that the applet stalls if a file load
> error
> > occurs. I'm onto that one.
> >

> I tried to use the signed applet but when I try to load a file I get the
> following Java error message:
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.Thread.getId()J
>        at org.jmol.viewer.Viewer.evalStringWaitStatus(Unknown Source)
>        at
> org.jmol.viewer.ScriptManager$ScriptQueueRunnable.runScript(Unknown
> Source)
>        at
> org.jmol.viewer.ScriptManager$ScriptQueueRunnable.runNextScript(Unknown
> Source)
>        at org.jmol.viewer.ScriptManager$ScriptQueueRunnable.run(Unknown
> Source)
>
> The same error also occurs if I use any of the "Load/Save" options in
> the popup menu and in the unsigned applet.
>
> Interestingly, the popup menu problem with 2 monitors (Jmol on the right
> monitor, popup menu on the left monitor) vanishes with the signed applet
> (Jmol + popup menu on the right monitor).

1520 St. Olaf Ave.
Northfield, MN 55057
http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr
phone: 507-786-3107

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900