no kidding! What's firing the loadLigands() function? A button? A callback
(that could be the problem -- not good to run jmolScript from a callback on
some platforms, I think).

Try using

setTimeout("loadLigands('....')",100)

in whatever call is doing that. I know the quotes are pain there. You might
implement it this way:

      function loadLigands(structure, trigger) {
        if (!trigger) {
           setTimeout("loadLigands('"+structure+"',1)",100)
           return
        }
        var load_script = "load " + structure + ";select all; spacefill 20%;
wireframe 0.35;";
        jmolScript(load_script);
      }

This starts a new thread so that the thread involved in the user clicking
can complete, and the load can go by a different thread.

But really, that's very odd.

Bob

1520 St. Olaf Ave.
Northfield, MN 55057
http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr
phone: 507-786-3107

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900