I'm not sure it's that easy - I agree that rotating one model as you
describe would give you stereo perspective initially. But as soon as you
rotate the model(s) you destroy the difference in perspective.  For example,
if I have two parallel lines pointing directly at the viewer, to give
"perspective" I could rotate the left one -2.5 degrees around y and the
right one +2.5 degrees around y.  If I then rotate 90 degrees around x, I'll
see two lines that are not parallel, even though that's what I should see.

What I need is for the two applets to show two different perspectives on the
same model such that the perspective differences are maintained even while
rotating.  Am I missing something easy here?

Dean