Jeff, your have a point I understand, but I'm not sure how that would
integrate with the Wikipedia layout.
I will try that, but it's no so easy. We are not supposed to run
javascript in the wiki, are we? That was the whole point of the last
discussion about security concerns.
The current popup is driven by the Extension "JmolAppletLink" tag.

My personal preferemce was for a "pop-in" Jmol, that is, that will
open inline within the page. But I think that is not reasonable in
the context of the Chembox. It will break page layout.

Anyway, thanks for the comment. This discussion is what I seek at
this stage. Once we have it set, we can move towards the WP admins.