Brian wrote
> On quality, I think that is a different and general concern. We try to
> not use poor quality images, so we would try to use only good quality
> Jmol data files. I am happy that we restrict the type of jmol files to a
> small number, perhaps initially only *.pdb files. Of course we would
> have to add file extensions for jmol files to the upload process anyway,
> so we would not need to add all possible file extensions.

I'm sorry if I was cryptic. By using Jmol, the WP already would
exclude one source of lower quality images, per se. My hopes for
advancement already went further, privately, and I took the chance
to discuss here what should have been subject on other lists.

However, I think your idea to restrict input to the PDB format, together
with the demand to give either a ref to a paper, or full data to
reproduce the positions (model type, impementation, parameters) would
go a long way towards assuring the goal.

Regards,
ralf