________________________________
From: Otis Rothenberger <o...@chemagic.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 13:47:56 -0500
To: <jmol-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Conversation: [Jmol-users] Jmol demo page hangs
Subject: Re: [Jmol-users] Jmol demo page hangs

Hello Bob,

I see the same thing with Firefox and XP. I notice that the page
source ends coordinate file lines with \n - linefeed. I wonder if this
is a cr/lf issue. I run into this problem frequently. I'm not sure
about a cross platform solution, but I wonder is ending the lines with
\r\n would work on your system.

Alternatively, I've had luck with loading an inline file from the JME
applet into Jmol with the following direct approach:

document.getElementById(MyAppleName).loadInlineString(jmeString,
"hover %a atomno=%i;echo;isosurface '';mo translucent;isosurface
translucent;", false);

Ignoring my load script, jmeString is simply the un-doctored
coordinate string (molfile) from JME - i.e. no concatenated LF or
CR/LF.

Otis

--
Otis Rothenberger