load http://wetche.cmbi.ru.nl/organic/cyclohexane/jm/chxinv.xyz
for (var i = 1; i < 35; i++) { var j = i+1;compare {model=j} {model=i}
ROTATE TRANSLATE 0.0 }

There are 35 models. This runs through the models, rotating and translating
each model to be the best match to the previous model in the set. Originally
written for aligning proteins, it turns out the COMPARE command does a
pretty fair job with simple reactions as well.

Bob

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 6:52 PM, Otis Rothenberger <osrot...@chemagic.com>wrote:

> Bob,
>
> I can get the translated coordinates and frame adjustments from the state
> script of your page, so I have no problem loading your adjusted data for
> Hen's file. But I have looked at that file for years and said, "Boy I'd like
> to translate the those coordinates."
>
> So, just as a Jmol learning exercise, how'd ya do it? I don't mean the
> details - just some gentle pointers.
>
> Otis
>
> --
> Otis Rothenberger
> Department of Chemistry
> Illinois State University Normal, IL 61790-4160
> http://chemagic.org

> Free Software Download: Index, Search & Analyze Logs and other IT data in
> Real-Time with Splunk. Collect, index and harness all the fast moving IT
> data
> generated by your applications, servers and devices whether physical,
> virtual

1520 St. Olaf Ave.
Northfield, MN 55057
http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr
phone: 507-786-3107

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900