I saw the notice about Jmol running on Android, which is great news. Wanted to
mention that for us mobile device folks, WebGL is also moving forward, and
could be a solution for browser-based mol viz on iOS. I wonder whether
server-side WebGL and Jmol could be mated in some way - or perhaps a pure Jmol
port? I've uploaded a couple of brief vids of one such WebGL app/web page
created by a Japanese researcher, Dr. Takanori Nakane (Kyoto University),
running on an iPad2 and iPhone4 in a web browser app that has WebGL enabled
(it's currently not enabled by default on iOS). The WebGL app runs very fast
indeed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giB4v0C5WW8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNbLJM_q1iM

FYI, Dr. Nakane's sourceforge page is at:
http://webglmol.sourceforge.jp/index-en.html

Cheers
Greg Quinn