I had tried that.  That gives me the debugger message

SyntaxError: identifier starts immediately after numeric literal

   The sources I've seen on the web say that HTML sees the
single quoted string and ignores all of the double quotes inside.
JavaScript sees the double quoted string and it deals with the
\" as a literal quote.  I do know that putting the double quotes
on the outside prevents the \" from working and I get a syntax
error.  The order of quotes I have doesn't give a syntax error,
but then again it doesn't work even though the syntax is correct.

   When the script does other sorts of GET's, like GET
http://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/JmolTracker.htm, it is logged by
the debugger.  My isosurface command doesn't even seem to be
getting to the GET.

Dale Tronrud