> > My 9 year old has a subscription to a daily news sheet for children.
One
> > could read the following in bold: "Why was the U.S. attacked?  They have
> > ennemies because they're friends with Israel".

Jerry asked:
> And what is anti-Zionist about that statement?

Actually nothing much in appearance.
Although the root of the attack very  likely lies in the American support
for Israel,  I feel it's diverting the attention from the terrorists'
overall motives,  and oversimplifying by saying in essence it's the Jews'
fault.
There may be other motives behind this attack as well.  Don't you think?
What I'm trying to draw attention to is that instead of using any other
explanations for the attack, this simplification could lead to a
justification of re-using the old antisemitic scapegoat theory.
We're paranoid because so many things have been blamed on Jews throughout
the ages to justify killing them.  A couple of well known examples are the
plague in the middle ages, and unemployment in 1930's Germany.

The general consensus now in the French media is that this is the reason the
U.S. got attacked.
What are they saying in the U.S.?

Unrelated but interesting:
Just heard  that  Mr. Arafat has been recently secretly looking out  to
purchase a 10 carat pink diamond (one of the most expensive diamonds) from
jewelers in Paris via his law firm.  Remember for many years IMF aid used to
be deposited into his own bank account and he would do the redistributing.
I wonder how many families in Gaza he could feed with that money?