At 01:41 PM 11/15/01 EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
><<And you have an unfinished piece. >>
>
>Joni alludes to doing that early on...she introduces "Mr. Blue" as a song
that was made up from unfinished fragments, the most notorious was the line
from a song she called "The Gambler":

>"In a day or two,
>I'll be laying you...
>(delay)
>Odds"
>
>I don't know how much of that was true and how much was part of her act.
She also tells Johnny Cash when she was on his show in the 60's that she
had written about a hundred songs. That's the stuff that intrigues me the
most!

>Bob
   I forgot all about that! I was thinking more along the lines of the last
few years. Those early songs would be quite the find, eh Bob???
LOL!

Steve