[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm guessing that the "flatness" means that she doesn't modify colors enough
> to make things seem more 3 dimensional. I don't see anything wrong with her
> relying on colors for expression and content, though.

Me either. My initial comment was NOT a criticism of that, merely a
description, and I said it ONLY to point out that considering the way
she paints (and presumably sees) it's unlikely she'd be doing anything
three-dimensional, such as sculpture, which is what Bob M (I think) was
wondering about.

 In subtler ways, that's
> what the color field painters did- people like Rothko. In bolder ways-
> Pollock.

Yes, exactly.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, or an extra happy Thursday if this week's
Thursday is just another day for you.

Debra Shea