Fred,

I just shook my head when I read that he had received reviews like this -
wonders never cease. "Selling out?" How wacky! Geesh. It kind of sounds like
some of the critics Joni has had to hear at times when she had a different
way of expressing herself.  He basically seemed to be the same Kurt to me
the other night - he's accentuating a few more very beautiful love songs
this time around - but he still did his trademark rants and scats, too!  I
think he's probably just way out ahead of those critics. Harrumph!  Kakki

Fred wrote:

> I've actually read a few negative reviews from some idiot critics
> (redundant?) who just don't get it, saying things like "sell out" and
"where
> are the wild-man rants and scats?" What exactly is the problem with taking
> diversion, showing range, having something different to say, something
more
> quiet and gentle? Are we to believe that to be intimate is selling out?
And