I thought that "Stories from the City..." was far better than "To Bring You My Love".
TBYML was one album in college that I actually grew to detest, and the new one really
surprised me.  I'd give it a listen before you judge it by "Down By The Water" (the
fish song) :)

And Bob, Liz Phair has never done much for me either.

Reuben

SCBob wrote:
I have to admit that I have not...BUT I heard (more times than I wanted to)
the single that got all the airplay about 'swimming with the fishes' and I
have to say that it made my flesh crawl. It made me wish I had never been
born. Fearing that I might be driven even closer to the brink of insanity,
I've never sought it out to hear the rest of it.

How does it compare to "Stories..."?

Perhaps one day I'll get up the courage to listen to the whole thing. I DO
recall that many critics sang the praises of it, BUT many of the same critics
also dig Liz Phair, and except for Exile in Guyville she's always left me
scratching my head. Thankfully she's so consumed with being a Mom she hasn't
foisted any more product onto the public.