Tyler Hewitt wrote:

> What I would like from you is examples of mondegreens.

When I was a kid I heard the first line of the famous love poem as:

"How do I love thee? Let me count the waves"

and for years wondered what love had to do with the ocean and why
counting waves would get anything across to anyone. When I finally heard
the entire poem, it was a big ohhhhh...

In addition to the suggestions people have given you, the Emily Latilla
skits from Saturday Night Live may be helpful. Perhaps they're on the
internet somewhere. The one I remember most is Emily becoming
increasingly riled up about "what's all this talk about violins in
movies? What's wrong with violins?!"

Good luck on your project.

Debra Shea