In a message dated 12/29/01 2:49:48 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< The advertising is nauseating, too. >>

In my attempt to minimize Christmas I have had my TV turned off since
Halloween, so I was able to skip a lot of the commercial side of Christmas
this year. (That really helped take some of the sting out of the ol'
Yuletide.) Also, I went to one work-related Christmas party, and one party
given by friends in Boston. Both were a lot of fun. Plus one Christmas Eve
dinner, one Christmas day dinner. Both were delicious, and I enjoyed
everyone's company. End of story. Like Colin, I think I am finding ways to
cope with this time of year.

    --Bob