In a message dated 1/1/02 10:40:09 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I'm looking for something uplifting but not trite. If
it has a message, it shouldn't bang you over the head
with it.  It can be funny, s >>

_Peace Like a RIver_, by Leif Enger.

I loved it, Catherine. It's basically about faith. Very uplifting and not
trite. I got it from the library, even though it's very hot right now. You
can find out more about it by going to Amazon, doing a search by title or
author, and checking their reviews. It's told from the perspective of an 11
year old boy, although it's not a children's book by any means. I think
anyone would love it. It also has some CC (Canadian Content)!

Take care,

    --Bob