Australia heaps all kinds of shit on New Zealand doesn't it Hell? :-)
Everything from cricket defeats to bushfire smoke!

Seriously, though, if anyone is interested my niece has posted a
website of photographs documenting her experience in Mount Riverview,
a small community in the lower Blue Mountains west of Sydney. The fire
hit them on Boxing Day around lunchtime. You wont see any flames in
the photos  just approaching smoke (with its eerie light effects) and
the post-fire devastation. As I said, my brother and his family were
among the lucky ones, their house was saved!

The web address is:
http://www.mountaintracks.com.au/fire/

Regards,
John.

Original message from: "hell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>For those JMDLers wanting some perspective on how serious the bush
fires
>really are, I can tell you that on the 2nd of January, there was a
haze over
>Auckland City caused by the smoke from these fires (our prevailing
wind is a
>westerly), that descended down the length of the North Island -
Sydney is