I'm way behind on digests and this discussion, but anyway...

>On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:30:42 Lori in MD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Bob wrote:
>>> But the words are "YOUR notches," not "YOU'RE notches."
>
>> Depends on your reference.  It's "your notches" here:
>> http://www.jonimitchell.com/Hissing75LyricsHome.html
>> and here:  http://www.jmdl.com/howard/music/tab/sorrow.txt
>
>> but it's "you're notches" here:
>> http://www.jmdl.com/lyrics/dontinterruptthesorrow.cfm
>
>> I've always thought "your" was a typo.  Anyone?

Not sure - I always thought the lyric was probably "you're notches", but
there is no definitive lyrics reference. The lyrics printed on the
albums do have errors, as Marian mentioned, and the songbooks also have
mistakes. For this one, both interpretations ("your" and "you're") could
make sense.

>Marian wrote:
>
>There many errors in the lyrics printed with her albums which were then
>unfortunately carried over completely into the Lyrics book.  It's too bad
>that Joni didn't have time to go over the book before it was published and
>make corrections.  I hope she will do that someday!  Maybe she doesn't even
>know that there are so many mistakes.
>
>I know Howard made an attempt at one point to go through all the lyrics and
>make corrections.

Yes, I did go through every lyric to every song (helped by others) to
pick up as many of the lyric book mistakes as possible. Unfortunately,
the corrections didn't make it into the second edition of the book - but
I did edit all the lyrics at JoniMitchell.com to make sure they were as
accurate as possible. I'm pretty sure that is the most accurate source
of Joni lyrics there is at the moment.

I think we'd need to check with Joni to be sure of the intended
meaning/spelling for this line in "Don't Interrupt The Sorrow".

Howard