I agree.  If one is an asshole at forty this person will still be pretty
much an asshole at eighty.  In fact,we become more of ourselves the older we
get.  And just because a person reaches eighty doesn't mean they will be a
font for all wisdom.  But we can still learn from this wise old asshole.
One of the most incredible human beings I ever met was a woman by the name
of Dr.Louise Belai. Birthplace: Vienna,Austria.  She was 98 when she died a
few years ago.  She had three doctorates.  One of those doctorates was in
Physics.  She was way ahead of her time,a pioneer for women.  We became
great friends....I in my thirties at the time and she in her nineties.(age
difference did not matter)  Some of the stories she told me about concerning
Nazism and Fascism were just fascinating.  I couldn't wait to visit her.
And to top it off she was so humorous.  She did her best to teach me
Deutch,and we had many laughs with this.  (I have her passport from the
1930's with Hitler's swastika emblazoned on it)  Anyway,I love her and miss
her kindness.  Forgetting about her brilliance,the doctorates,she was able
with all her worldliness to maintain a childlike disposition.  She was soooo
sweet and so very kind.  She wasn't a whiner,in fact when I first met her I
didn't realize that she was blind.  She was devout Catholic and at her
funeral many of her former students were there.  This speaks volumes.  She
was definitely a font of all wisdom!!

Bree