Thank you Sharon!  This substantiates what I stated earlier. I reprint below:

" please do not speak for all the elderly. my grandparents did a better job
at educating me than my parents did. i worked in a convalescent home when i
was younger. the elderly lived history. they have a lot to offer. as with
any other lot there are the few who spoil it for the others."

Sharon you are by NO MEANS in the asshole dept.!!  We all have our moments
:-)  but I think asshole is a little severe.

RESPECTFULLY,
Heather - who is also a grandmother and getting older too .... and I hope
wiser :-)