In a message dated 2/4/02 8:36:31 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< The family's Janis site is http://officialjanis.com/ >>

Thanks for this, Vince.

I loved Janis. I always will. I was unsure whether or the Janis concert I saw
was her last, but then I read the following on the site:

August 12, 1970 Full Tilt Boogie - their last concert.
Harvard Stadium, Cambridge, MA

I was there, and I will never forget it.

Three days later she was at her infamous 10th high school reunion in Port
Arthur. And within two months she was dead. Such a profound loss.

It's sad that there's no comparable JMDL-type list for Janis, but she *was*
very young when she died so long ago. Joni, on the other hand, has been
creating music -- among other forms of art -- for more than 30 years since
Janis' death, so there is more of a body of work to discuss, in addition to
the usual peanut butter and cottaging ramblings.

    --Bob

PS: By the way, thanks to you and the University of Michigan for Tom Brady!