(the Rev) Vince marked his place with a scripture ribbon and intoned:

>Oh memories... I haven't thought of Illinois Speed Press in years!

I only think of them when I reflect that Paul Cotton later joined Poco.

This of course triggers another memory, of seeing a triple bill at the
Hollywood Palladium of Pogo, the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, who not only
performed "Death Cab for Cutie" but famously parodied the next band, The Who.

>A lot of the CTA players were from the next neighborhood over from mine.
>Some of my friends remember them from when they played at the Deep End, teen
>age hangout of all time.

Was James Pankow as amazing on trombone then as he was when I saw him at
the Free Clinic Benefit?

>"Saturday in the Park" was always a favorite of mine
>as it is about Lincoln park in the year of the Summer of Love, 1967.

That kind of connection is always to be envied.

>NPIMH; Take me back to Chicago

Last time I was in Chicago was at Ravinia to see Steve Reich. Long before
then I spent a chunk of my adolescence living 90 miles north of Chicago.

Gil