Sherelle wrote:

> I am a member of Just Plain Folks and find it to be a very worthwhile and
> worthy cause. It gives undiscovered artists the chance to be heard over
> Internet Radio (Radio Free Virgin, I think it's called)

That's great!  My friend Harold Payne and his group Gravity won the JP Folks
Smooth Jazz album of the year in 2000 and he has some events with them
coming up this week and next.  When are you coming out to do a gig here,
Sherelle?! ;-)

>The conglomerates would make you think that if RAC has its way, it will be
the end of major
> acts as we know it. They say it's not fair because they need to have time
> develop an artist, and what is their incentive to sign someone if they
know
> they may only get one album from them before the artist becomes a "free
> agent."

I just laughed and laughed when I read this quote.  Oh please!  Too little,
too late.  I can't believe they get an exemption from the labor law in
Calif.  I have a feeling they are going to lose that one.

Kakki