<<which seems to be almost an answer to the (Dylan?) song.  Is that possible?  >>

It's possible...that's a good point too, Walt. Don't know that anyone's ever made it.
"Just Like A Woman" was from Dylan's '66 release Blonde On Blonde, and Joni's song was
most likely penned in '66-'67, so it could have been a response of sorts. It would be
worthwhile to visit the lyrics of both and see where the similarities lie. It IS
certainly common knowledge that Joni was listening to Dylan.

<<(2) Another Oldie:  "The Wizard of Is" reminds me, musically, of "Suzanne", >>

"reminds you"? ;~)

It sounds like a basic re-write to me. BUT I don't know much about Cohen as I can't
get past his yucky singing voice. They hung out together and did some early folk fests
together, whether one influenced the other here I don't know, but the similarity is SO
strong that it would be hard to believe that the two songs were written independently.

This would be another question for Joni for whoever sees her next! :~)

Bob

NP: Jewel, "Pieces Of You"

you know, the one that starts "Suzanne takes you down/to a place by the
river/..."  I don't know who wrote it -- it may even be "traditional", but
many artists have covered it.  Anyhoo, "TWoI" reminds me musically (i.e., as
opposed to lyrically") to the Suzanne song -- not exactly, but there are a
lot of parallels.  Anybody else think so?  My apologies to those who haven't
heard thre songs -- at least the lyrics to them are (I think) at jmdl.com.