hello joinitites !  i wanted to let walt know that the song " suzanne " was
written by leonard cohen.  speaking of leonard, someone mentioned a photo in
an earlier post of joni and leonard at the newport folk festival in "67. (
the photo was by david gahr.) i have a small paper back book entitled, "
joni mitchell: her life, her loves, her music, "
 by leonore fleischer , published in 1976. it is filled with wonderful photos
including the one mentioned in the post.  i received it from a friend  the
year it was published and have always cherished it for the photos. ( said
friend was constanly picking up    " little joni things " for me .) the book
is in a 7" x 10" format and was published by flash books, is anyone familair
with it ?  ( i always thought it odd that her music was the last thing
mentioned in the title. perhaps it was the way that it rolled off the tongue
that was important !)   i also have a book entitled, " rock lives," by
timothy white  .it was published in 1990.  the book has short bios and
interveiws with about 50 some artists.  joni's bio is in the section called
pilgrims,  it is about 12 pages long.  the book is hardcover and has quite a
bit of interesting info on all included.  moving right along... in the
checkout line at the grocery today  i noticed  life magazine has done a  "
rock at fifty " publication. i had to look and see if our joan was mentioned.
i was disappointed that there was a only a short paragraph and a clouds era
photo.  ( i wanted there to be a whole chapter devoted to my idol !!!) well
enough already...

joni and then some,
warren keith

p.s. i want to take this opportunity to thank the academy...umm i mean simon,
 for the wonderfully informative and enjoyable post on upcoming "  things
joni. " i for one am tickled pink !!!