Hi Cindy....and welcome!!

>I will tell you that I was 13 years old when Songs to a
>Seagull came out.I flipped for the mood of the music and lyrics.

If you had to pick a favorite from STAS which song would you pick and why?
It would be a difficult choice for me... either I Had a King or Michael From
Mountains?  BUT...IF I had to choose, it would be because of lyrics like
these....Michael leads you up the stairs,He needs you to care,And you know
you do,cats come crying to the key,And dry you will be,in a tow'l or two.
It's funny, I have Joni's complete catalog on CD, except STAS.  I still have
the vinyl,but have not yet purchased the CD.

>My admiration of Joni and respect for the person she so
>steadfastly evolved into runs very deep in me.

Yes!!  I always say when God created her he really went all out!!

>I thank you for bearing with me here. I'm sure everyone knows what it feels
>like to get lost in Joni!

Happens to me a lot.  Especially while listening to Hejira. Have you seen
her in concert?  If so,what was that like?

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Bree