Actually, I read somewhere that Ray Charles' reply to all the hoopla
surrounding the incident was "A drunk man's words should never printed or
taken seriously" or something to that measure.  So, as everyone has been
talking about taking a step back and analyzing what has been said or
thinking it over, Mr. Charles did just that and figured it was a slip of the
tongue.
      Blair :)

NP, "Carey" the Mitchell