Patrick wrote:

> amen sister!  'songs in the key of life' is stevie's masterpiece, with
> pastime paradise being one of my all-time favorite songs.

Yes another total classic!  This morning at work when I first flipped on the
radio Pastime Paradise started playing!  I thought - how synchro.  Then
continuing for the next several hours a Stevie song was played about every
two or three songs.  I thought wow, REALLY synchro.  Finally it was
announced that the station was celebrating Stevie's birthday today!  The
station, by the way is KJLH (acornym for Kindness, Joy Love and Happiness"
and it has been owned by Stevie for years.  I switched over to listening
there about a month ago when all the public radio in L.A. was starting to
put me to sleep.  It's been a beautiful day listening to mostly Stevie from
all across his catalog.  Sigh.

> a couple of years ago, for a george michael greatest hits project, he and
> mary j. blige did a duet cover of 'as'.

This sounds absolutely stunning - I would love to hear this and will hunt
around for it.

Amazing at how Stevie's music is never dated and either holds up timelessly
or becomes more appreciated with time.

Raising my martini glass to Mr. Wonder tonight for bringing so much musical
and spiritual joy to me and so many others.

Kakki

NP:  Love's In Need of Love Today