I've been reading the responses to this thread and have been surprised that
the most obvious choice of a Joni song is not the one that cropped up the
most - Circle Game.  That song touches my heart and I find the message an
encouraging and comforting one that suits a funeral.

The other song I have always wanted played at my funeral is Jackson Browne's
"For a Dancer" - probably my favorite Jackson song, and again a message
about death that is at once defiant, exuberant and resigned to the
inevitable.

Combine those 2 songs with Emily Dickinson's "Because I could not stop for
Death" and I think there wouldn't be a dry eye in the house.

Sybil
NPIMH - "In the end there is one dance you'll do alone"