Azeem,

I agree she has been quite repetitive with this for a number of years now.
She even started in on it when I spoke with her last September, but mostly
to say how no one wants to hear her anymore.  I've heard from another friend
who has spoken a bit with her recently and she went on and on along the same
subjects with him.  I started thinking that this may be less about arrogance
and uppityness and more about maybe a real self-esteem problem and some kind
of inexplicable (to us at least) insecurity on her part.  It makes me feel a
little sad for her.  I think she is speaking from some deep hurt that
apparently she cannot transcend.  Don't mean to psychoanalyze her - just my
2 cents.  Kakki