> Perhaps it's just Joni's final work under a contract.  (As
> opposed to an independent release.)
>
> One may wish, yes?

But of course!! I seriously think her best work is yet to come if she wants it to be.
Joni's #1 skill imo has always been as a writer & composer, and those skills
theoretically should get better with time through experience and the wisdom that
continues to develop with age.
Whether or not her vocal chops hold up in the longrun doesn't concern me a bit...most
of my favorite singers are raspy as hell, but they have an emotion that is real. BUT
they do require a good song to sing.

I'd LOVE to see her hook up with a good independent label!

So, here's hoping our WISH comes true! :~)

Bob

NP: JT, "Little More Time With You" 5/30/98