On 15 Aug 2002 at 1:18, Michael Paz wrote:

> My opinion is that she could easily go to her roots and record and
> album of piano and guitar songs and release it on her own label and
> own the whole thing so that all she has to do is set up Les and Jim to
> be her personal distribution and license it out to someone like Ryko
> to help move it. Many artists are going this way and enjoying much
> more of the profits and less of the label aggravation. She could
> produce a new record and packaging without the help on anyone for very
> little of her own cost.
>
> Just a thought

I agree. She absolutely could.  So could Dylan, JT and Springsteen.  There's a
reason why they don't.  One of those reasons is likely to be worlwide distribution.

She could also do what Van Morrison has done the last few years.  He makes the
records he wants and then takes them to whatever label he thinks can do the best
with it because it may fit a particular genre.  He makes very short term licensing
deals and he owns it all.  It would be something to see her do that.  It just doesn't
seem likely that she would.

Brenda

n.p.: Galliano - "Cold Wind"